What are the main types in which a scene can be classified, and what are the key concepts for each type?
I am thinking something along the following (guessing the descriptions):
- suspense - scene builds up to and ends with a situation where the protagonist is facing some dire threat that seems insurmountable
- romantic - scene plays with love/hate ambivalence in some fashion
- mystery - scene describes an activity, happening or situation that provides clues &/ red-herrings towards solving some puzzle (may be coupled with suspense?)
- action - real-time blow-by-blow description of cause & effect / chain of events
- adventure - ?(not sure if this belongs here - this seems more a genre-type created by a collection of scenes?)
Knowing the type & definition of a scene will enable me to make use of the tried & tested techniques and key concepts to produce 'correct' material for the type.
This question is in the same direction as mine, with very good answers.