enter image description here

What do you call these text bubbles without tails? I saw some radio text bubbles with tails that pointed to the headset, but I am wondering if it's better and more standard to use these tailless radio text bubble. However, I don't understand the rules around them, because on the second panel we see one with a tail, and the other one without a tail. How do we use them? Any rule or suggestion? Also, when writing a script, how do you instruct the artist to put a tailless text bubble instead of one with a tail?

1 Answer 1


I don't know if this name is standard, but at least one source calls them "jagged edges bubbles."


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.