I fear that my fictional nation may be too similar. It is based on Great Britain, and is in high fantasy, but this is the description:
- It is an archipelago.
- It is somewhere similar geographically to where England would be.
- While it is not the first country to industrialize, it is the first to have an industry that affects history.
- It is called a "Commonwealth".
- They have a powerful navy.
- They have an overseas empire.
- The archipelago is 3 times bigger than England.
- It is more west than the real England.
- Their empire is not as expansive.
- The monarch still has a high authority.
For more information, this fictional country takes place in a fictional world, but some of its geography is similar to the real world, most specifically their equivalent to Europe, Asia, and the northern part of Africa.
I just want to hear your thoughts, want to know if it is too much like Britain, and/or if it is, if that is okay? Another choice is to suggest how to make it more different.
For those who are asking some questions, here are some helpful details:
- I am not trying to make a political statement.
- This is for the world of an open-world fantasy RPG.
- This post is also asking for some ways and suggestions to make it different from Britain.