- Chapter 1. A child is kidnapped, her friend (same age) is the protagonist is mentioned, she trie so send him a letter but it never reaches him.
- Chapter 2. Takes place 10 years later but doesn't mention the girl from Chapter 1
- Chapter 3. Back to 1953 and we discover where the girl has been taken (traffickers)
- Chapter 4. Switches back to 1963 and brings back the protagonist, but the girl isn't mentioned. It follow Chapter 2.
- Chapter 5. Switches back to 1953 again and the villains are kidnapping again, but the girl from Chapter 1 isn't mentioned.
- Chapter 5. Goes back to 1953 again and we find that the kidnapped girl is supposed to be dead (but in actual fact she's still in the hands of the kidnappers).
All the chapters from here on are either POV switches, scene switches or time swiches alternating, but right at the end, we find the girl alive and she leads the protagonist to her captors. Suspense/Thriller
Maybe I should mention her in Chapter 2 (we find she was supposed to have been killed in an 'accidental' fire in Chapter 5 - but in actual fact the fire is only a cover up.) Perhaps an inner thought as a fire engine passes his car?