What is the spacing distance between the chapter title and the first paragraph?
If I am using double spacing between sentences, is it the same for between a title and a paragraph?
According to this source about how to format a novel manuscript:
- Document margins should be 3 cm on all sides.
Line and paragraph spacing:
- Lines should be double-spaced with no extra space between paragraphs.
- Font should be twelve-point in either Times New Roman, Courier or Arial, depending on the specific preferred style(s) of the publishing house you're submitting to.
- Begin chapters on new pages by placing a page break before the chapter heading.
- Center chapter titles and skip a few spaces before the chapter text.
There are likely other guidelines that differ between publishing houses, but these would be good general rules to follow to make the manuscript look professional.
This Writing SE question also contains some helpful advice if you'd like to take a look. (It's not strictly a duplicate of your question, but it asks a similar question and has a helpful answer.)