I just finished writing the first draft of my novel. (BTW, this is my first)
As luck would have it, something just popped up in the news which is directly related to my story. The topic has been trending on Google for months and is still going strong. But the problem is that I was planning on spending the next 2 years editing. My book isn't ready for release. Not by far.
Here's the options I've brainstormed so far:
- Start a blog and build a readership I can later market my book to (but the blog will require a time commitment and pull me away from my novel, delaying the release even further)
- Release an average to above-average novel now... and a second edition in 2 years
- Split my book into 4 parts (100-150 pages each). Release one book every six months
- Sigh and say this wasn't meant to be (doing some research, I estimate it will take 10-20 years for this topic to start trending again)
- Quit my job and get this book out there now (haha)
Any advice on what I should do?