Edit: After reading the question I've asked again and the answers I've gotten, I feel I should say that the descriptions of the characters here are definitely the bare basic. There is a full word doc with everyone's personal information and such on it. It isn't that well explained though. I also don't know how links work on this website...
To begin with, I've never asked a question on here before. So please don't be too harsh if something doesn't look right, I'm trying my best!
I currently am writing a book, Happy Apocalypse, and I feel the cast of MCs could be a little bland. Any advice about whether they should be changed or not is appreciated, as this is my first book.
A bit of information on them and the book as a whole:
• It's set a few weeks post zombie apocalypse.
• Follows a main group of 4 MCs.
• The genre is likely more of a adventure/comedy, as it's definitely got a few physics/logic breaking moments.
• The main 4 are Podia, a Japanese-English 17 YO; Jackson, a transgender Scottish 18 YO; Stacy, a 19 YO black Brazilian and Felix, 18 YO Russian-Canadian.
(Added starts here)
• The main setting is Cornwall, but in a 'twisted version' where there is the main city of England rather than London. All four teens were around town when the cause of the zombie apocalypse broke out (didn't state the reason because of spoilers), with Jack and Felix being together and Podia and Stacy being sort of nearby. There is a collection of shorts called "Before Chaos" which explains where they all were beforehand, why they were there, the mental state of each at the beginning of the story, etc.
• Podia. Her father is Japanese whilst her mother is English. She can speak both languages fluently but struggles with written English. She's essentially the 'Main MC', if that makes sense. She's the first character I made for this and the others were added to keep things interesting. She knew none of the others before the story.
• Jackson. The poor lad had a troubled childhood and eventually moved to the UK, the main setting of the story, which is where he met Felix and followed him like a lost puppy. He's pretty artsy and has a 'detective' mindset. He knew Felix and had heard of Podia before the story.
• Stacy. She was born in Brazil but she grew up in the UK. She's got a "wicked death-glare!" (Quote from Jackson) and tends to speak her mind without caring about others opinions. She had to take anger management as a kid because her 'free speaking' got her into a lot of fights, mainly with Felix. She doesn't abbreviate words when she speaks. She knew Felix before everything and had heard of Podia and Jackson.
• Felix. Felix was born in Canada with one Russian parent whom he tries to forget. They essentially forced him into learning Russian (which isn't important to the story but it's fun to add details). He "swears like a sailor" (Also from Jackson), and tends to pick on/bully those he deems weaker than him. He knew Jackson and Stacy (as well as knew about Podia) before the story.
(End added info)
There is more information on the group, but the document contains some spoilers for late in the book. I wanted to ask this now before I get too far into the story to change it!