I’ve looked it up but all I can find is that it’s called a wooden spiked wall

  • en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockade ? this is off-topic for writing.SE though – Totumus Maximus Jul 30 '18 at 8:45
  • 5
    Please note that requests for words that are not specifically about writing terminology are off-topic on Writing.SE and in general on-topic on English Language & Usage. You might want to check out their site and have a look at their help center and tour to see if they might be more helpful for your request. – Secespitus Jul 30 '18 at 9:03

It's called a palisade.

palisade NOUN 1 A fence of wooden stakes or iron railings fixed in the ground, forming an enclosure or defence.

I've also seen it called a fort wall. Or a wooden fort wall or a wooden palisade or stockade as @TotumusMaximus says.

  • I meant like the ones in the walking dead were the spikes are faced outwards – Angel Jul 31 '18 at 10:13
  • Ahh, I think that's called a cheval-de-frise. It often helps to post a photo so people know exactly what you're asking for. HTH! – GGx Jul 31 '18 at 11:05

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.