As someone who doesn't get paid to write stuff nobody reads :), I'm always on the lookout for the best ways to collect meaningful and actionable feedback from my readers so I can improve the quality of the docs I write. What kind of strategies/tools/etc. do you guys use for this?
EDIT: Let me clarify what I mean by "meaningful and actionable feedback":
To get meaningful feedback from our readers:
- We must focus only on the most important issues from the readers' point of view.
- We must ask only the fewest possible number of questions that can cover all of these important issues.
- The terminology we use must be clearly and universally understood by all respondents.
For feedback to be actionable, it must meet the following criteria:
- The readers' responses must be unambiguous.
- The issues that the respondents are concerned about must be easily understood and easily addressable by the people the feedback is intended for.