I have a text from the Nebonidus Harran inscriptions that I want to specifically reference in my paper. The quote looks like this:
…(But) the sons of Babylon, Borsippa,
15. Nippur, Ur, Erech, Larsa, priests (and)
16. people of the capitals of Akkad, against his great
17. divinity offended, whenever(?) they sought after (anything) they did wickedly,
18. they knew not the wrath, (the resentment), of the king of the gods, (even) Nannar,
19. they forgot their duty, whenever(?) they talked (it was) treason…
How do I input this text? Do I keep it in separate lines like they have it in the inscription? Or do I remove the numbers and put it all together?
I am using the MLA format in my paper. It will be a Research/Argumentative paper.