I've started working on a project and wanted to keep all my characters and their relationships well organised.
I'm already using TiddlyWiki to archive all the ideas about the world and its inhabitants I come up with, but I wanted to separately save the relations of the single characters in a map.
Features I'm looking for:
- nodes (characters) are inserted like a set of data
- relations can be added anytime
- the software has a search tool to find nodes
- I can add tags or search criteria to a node like I would in a database (e.g. age; "select name where age = 25" or something like that)
- visual output of all the relations
If you have ever worked with a database you probably know what I mean with the search criteria.
If I knew how to set up a database and code the visual interface I'd probably write the software myself, but I hope there's already something like this out there.