I know that names of countries, states, cities, and counties are always capitalized, but what about governments and organizations? In my novella there are basically 2 sections of space, and each have their own names. So in dialogue and in description do the names of factions, governments, and organizations need to be capitalized, or do I leave it uncapitalized?
Proper names get capitalized. Generic names don't.
- Federal Bureau of Sparkly Vampires
- Department of Redundancy Department
- Imperial Dogwalkers Consortium
- The Sacred Order of Turnip Twaddlers
- The Church of Saint Spock the Pointy-Eared
- The United Provinces of Cumberbatch
- the Hiddlestoners Rebellion
- Judean People's Front (not to be confused with the People's Front of Judea)
- the Cumberbatchian government
- the rebels
- cat lovers of the Empire
- those who twaddle turnips
- hobbyist turnip-twaddlers